About Crossfit Commanders
CrossFit Commanders was started out of a passion to help others be fit and healthy the best way we know possible. CrossFit is the sport for life. Its taking the things you do everyday ( picking up kids, putting things on the shelf, working in the yard, moving furniture) and making it into an activity that your body recognized and then progressing that movement into an intense version. The benefits are your daily life will be easier to navigate through and will gain the energy and strength to do more then what you ever thought you could. The other benifit is your body will physically respond from your hard work. Each Workout Of the Day (WOD) is different. There are 10 General Physical Skills trained and practiced in CrossFit. They are:
- Cardiovascular/Respiratory Endurance – The ability of the body’s systems to gather, process, and transport oxygen.
- Stamina – The ability of the body to process, store, deliver, and utilize energy.
- Strength – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply force.
- Flexibility – The ability of maximizing the range of motion at a given joint.
- Power – The ability of a muscular unit, or combination of muscular units to apply maximum force in minimum time.
- Speed – The ability to minimize the time cycle of a repeated movement.
- Coordination – The ability to combine several distinct movement patterns into a singular distinct movement.
- Agility – The ability to minimize transition time between one movement pattern to another.
- Accuracy – The ability to control movement in a given direction or at a given intensity.
- Balance – The ability to control the placement of the body’s center of gravity in relation to its support base.
The first four (Endurance, Stamina, Strength, and Flexibility) are trained on. The last four (Coordination, Agility, Accuracy, and Balance) are practiced. The middle two (Power and Speed) are trained on and practiced.
Special thanks to Mr. Jim Cawley of Dynamax Medicine Balls for this informatiion.